Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 2015 17:57:37 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Meyer, Wolfgang" <wolfgang.meyer@hob.de>
Cc:        "'freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to disable comment output from pkg search

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 03:45:45PM +0000, Meyer, Wolfgang wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> as pkg search now by default shows the comments of the matched packages, =
I would like to know how to disable this default behaviour. Furthermore wit=
h the old version of pkg search I was able to limit the output to only the =
desired query-modifier using -q -Q query-modifier. Now quiet output only pr=
ovides the label of the matched packages. Is there a way to get the old beh=
aviour?

The default output has been changed to match popular demand.
However the fact the other tunabled output are inpacted is side effect that
should be fixed.

I'll see if I can bring back the old behaviour via a switch in pkg.conf and=
 fix
the regression on the -Qsomething (and make that in 1.6.2)

Please note in the meantime that you can use the pkg rquery command is desi=
gned
exactly for fine tuning of the output of queries on remote repos.

Best regards,
Bapt

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--