Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:57:32 +0300
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   zpool stripe degraded due to wrong vdev

Hello.
I was experimenting with Zfs-on Linux and I now have a corrupted zpool. My =
mirrored pool is ok, but the striped mirror shows a) removed vdev partition=
 from the stripe and b) added ext4 vdev (where Linux root is) to the stripe=
. The pool is currently in an exported state, has no external zil/cache.

I know the ZDB options, but I though it best to ask before I went ahead wit=
h any operations on the pool.
1. I need to "zpool detach" the ext4 partition and "zpool add" the original=
 partition to the stripe pool. Can I do this in exported state or must I "i=
mport -fN" ? I assume "zpool replace" is riskier in this case. Any special =
flags to make this operation safer?

2. I assume I would then run one of "zpool clear -F -n" or "zdb -cc -e -f (=
or -X)" or a simple scrub.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

--=20
FreeBSD_amd64_12
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.