Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:00:54 +0100
From:      Marko =?UTF-8?B?Q3VwYcSH?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   tomcat8 and UTF-8 filenames

Hi,

I am running airsonic:
[https://github.com/airsonic/airsonic]

...as tomcat8 application. In order for it to read UTF-8 filenames
correctly, I have added "export LANG=3Den_US.UTF-8" directly to
rc.d/tomcat8 startup script, as instructed here:
http://thomas.quinot.org/labnotes/blog/2015/07/30/subsonic/

This works, but I'm getting warnings in my daily security output
regarding package with mismatched checksum:

Checking for packages with mismatched checksums:
tomcat8-8.0.46: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat8

I also keep forgetting about this on tomcat8 updates, so tomcat8's rc
startup script gets overwritten.

Is there a better way to make tomcat8 applications read UTF-8
filenames? Should I change login.conf LANG for root class? Or something
else?

Thank you in advance,
--=20
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupa=C4=87
https://www.mimar.rs/