Date:      21 Feb 2021 15:51:45 -0500
From:      "John Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Certbot crashes after update of python installed

It's telling you what the problem is:

>    raise VersionConflict(dist, req).with_context(dependent_req)
>pkg_resources.ContextualVersionConflict: (cryptography 2.9.2
>(/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages),
>Requirement.parse('cryptography>=3.2'), {'PyOpenSSL'})

It now requires version 3.2 or newer of the python cryptography package
but the version in the ports and packages is only 2.9.2.

You might drop a note to the person who maintains the py-cryptography
port to see if he wants help updating it, or if you're feeling brave,
you can use the python pip package manager to update it locally.

(as root)
# pkg install rust    # the crypto bits are written in rust

# pip install -U cryptography

# pkg lock py37-cryptography # tell freebsd package manager not to downgrade it
# pkg delete rust    # if you don't otherwise need rust, get back 500MB

I did this on FBSD 12.2 and it worked, leaving me with version 3.4.6 of cryptography.

--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl@taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",