Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:04:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      cguan <guancalvin@yahoo.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem mounting dvd ISO

Hi,

I'm trying to mount a w2k8 dvd iso image on freebsd 7 using mdconfig and
mount -t cd9660. the commands appeared to be working fine but when I look at
the mount point I only see a readme.txt file reads:

"This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."

code:
#mdconfig -a -t vnode /path/to/w2k8.iso -u 0
#mount -t cd9660 /dev/md0 /mnt
#ls /mnt
readme.txt

if I use mount_udf, it said "Invalid argument"
code
#mount -t udf  /dev/md0 /mnt
mount_udf: /dev/md0: Invalid argument

However, mounting a CD iso image using the same way is fine.

How do I solve this problem? I have been googling for a couple of hours but
can fine an answer.

thanks,
Calvin