Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 18:01:25 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CD-ROM detected but unusable

On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 17:08:53 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> cdcontrol> play
> cdcontrol: Input/output error
>
> I've statically compiled ATAPI support into my kernel.

Following up:

I've just tried compiling ATAPI support as a module, instead of linking
it into the kernel statically. When I do ``modload /lkm/atapi_mod.o''
and try to use cdcontrol as before , I get "no disc in drive
/dev/rwcd1c" instead of "Input/output error".

As before, any help would be appreciated.

Ciao,
Sheldon.