Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 1995 03:50:38 -0700
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com>
To:        Masahiro SEKIGUCHI <seki@sysrap.cs.fujitsu.co.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5-ALPHA kernel changes?

In message <9506051010.AA20408@seki.sysrap.cs.fujitsu.co.jp>, Masahiro SEKIGUCH
I writes:
>I see the boot floppy image for 2.0.5 ALPHA keeps changing for every
>two or three days.  (Good job, eh?  :-)  I see the kernel source
>distribution (src/ssys.*) is not changed, however.

Actually, the image probably changes about 10+ times a day, but not
all of them are put up for public ftp :-)

>I expect that the kernel included in the boot floppy is never modified
>during this ALPHA time frame.  Is it correct?

Nope. We have on occasion re-rolled the kernels on the floppies also
to include some kernel bug fixes. To include the ssys.* dists in any
update would be complicated without having multiple ftp trees (which
we don't have disk space for on freefall at the minute), and I agree
with Jordan that he doesn't want to nuke the origional ftp tree, since
we are only really testing the install system, which is by far the
most rapidly changing part of the system at the minute!

gary