Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 1997 18:54:02 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccsanady@nyx.pr.mcs.net: pending/3061: route does not accept -genmask

The misfiled PR read before correction:

Gary

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 08:25:07 -0600 (CST)
From: ccsanady@nyx.pr.mcs.net
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject: pending/3061: route does not accept -genmask

>Number:         3061
>Category:       pending
>Synopsis:       route does not accept -genmask
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT i386
>Environment:

If you try to use the -genmask option to route, you get this...

writing to routing socket: No buffer space available
change net 192.168.1.0: routing table overflow

>How-To-Repeat:
'route add default -cloning -genmask 255.255.255.255 sun'  By the way, this
option is not documented in the man page.. does this mean its not broken? :-)

>Fix:
Don't know.  I noticed the args to rn_addmask() in route_output() changed
between lite1 and 2.  The second arg is now sent as 0 -- which effectively
tells it not to allocate a mask structure if ones not in the tree.  I don't
see how this is correct. :\  Also the offset arg is now pointing to the family
in the sockaddr struct..  I dont know why this is either.  Either way, if
rn_addmask() fails, ENOBUFS will be returned..

------- End of Forwarded Message