Date:      Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:28:29 +1000
From:      Steve <steve@foo-unix.org>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        Frederic Muller - SFI <fred@softwarefreedomday.org>, "advocacy@freebsd.org" <advocacy@freebsd.org>, "board@freebsdfoundation.org" <board@freebsdfoundation.org>
Subject:   Re: http://www.softwarefreedomday.org global city teams recruitment

On 24/07/2011, at 10:48, "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com> wrote:

> yes, not the right note ideally for us perhaps, but if it gets people of
> Micro$oft its still good.

See, my opinion has always been that this is what separates the average BSD u=
ser from the Linux user.=20

In my experience, I've found BSD users are BSD users because they have a gen=
uine love for UNIX (like OSes).=20

Many of the Linux users I have met are really decamped Windows users who are=
 just using Linux because they're jealous of Bill and his fortunes (hence th=
e Micro$oft) or hate Microsoft for some other reason.=20

They're not using Linux because they like it. They're just escaping from Win=
dows.

My favourite piece of art on the Internet is the one where the girl is looki=
ng sweet and innocent - holding a mallet behind her back and there's Tux kno=
cked out, and she's standing next to a sign that reads 'A LITTLE BSD NEVER H=
URT ANYONE...'
I think that sums it up! ;)