Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2010 13:26:07 +0100
From:      Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
To:        grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking performance areas over time

--Apple-Mail-1335--732361135

Den 04/11/2010 kl. 18.07 skrev grarpamp:

> Not as comparison with FreeBSD but ideas for
> tracking FreeBSD performance across release/releng.
>=20
> =
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=3Darticle&item=3Dlinux_2612_2637&num=
=3D1
>=20
> Provided the version of the unit test is kept the
> same and it compiles across all FreeBSD release/releng
> since 2.x, automating like this shouldn't be hard.
>=20
> Natively release install [or selfhost build releng
> on top], and archive the base platforms once. Copy
> over to a test disk and reboot it natively on
> demand, insert each unit test module as desired,
> record data, copy disk and boot next version, etc...

I actually developed something like this for FreeBSD two years ago. =
Included were build scripts for producing releases, a description of =
setting up netbooting slaves, a small collection of benchmarks, a =
database and a web interface. In lack of hardware and time on my part to =
run the tests, it never got off the ground. Apart from an update to run =
on SVN instead of CVS, it should be functional.

If anyone's interested, please contact me.

Thanks,
Erik=

--Apple-Mail-1335--732361135--