Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 01:10:04 -0500
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        zaphod@imailbox.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Monitors... any recommendations?

At 09:04 PM 12/10/97 -0800, Josef Grosch wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 10, 1997 at 10:31:55AM -0600, jtkipp@students.wisc.edu wrote:
>> I might have the chance soon to get some new hardware (YEA!!), and it
>> might include a new (or new-used) Monitor. Anybody have any advice about
>> specific products that are good/that should be avoided? (I'll almost
>> certainly be looking at 15-17 inch models...) Or products that work
>> well/not at all with freebsd? How about monitors with tv-like controls
>> (i.e. digital/on screeen) for color, contrast, brightness, etc. Has
>> anybody had any experiance/problems with those?
>>

>I am very happy with my Sony 200sx. It's a very nice 17 inch monitor. The
>price for a 200sx here in the bay area is around $575.00 to $600.00

I've heard that the Sony monitors are good, and I'll personally vouch for
my ViewSonic.  It's a 17" with 16" viewable area.  After using it's digital
on-screen controls, I hate going back to manual knobs.  Having a monitor
that remembers the settings for various refresh rates is nice too, since I
run various OSes that use different display settings.

K.S.