Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:14:51 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Q45 <q45@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linksys Ether16 was (no subject)

At 14:42 1/14/98 -0800, Doug White wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Q45 wrote:
>
>> I have a linksys ether16 card.. will it work under bsd?
>
>I believe it should work; Linksys cards emulate NE2000s.
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon

I did not catch the original poster on this one. Hopefully he is subscribed
to the list.

YES. The Linksys Ether16 works under FreeBSD. I use one on my box with the
ed0 device driver.

Use the OEM supplied DOS utility to do the IRQ/COM configuration on the
card. Then make sure that your FreeBSD system matches the settings that you
applied to the card when you used the DOS software.

Please remember to enter a subject line in your email for best results.

Good Luck,
Jason Wells