Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 18:50:46 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current panics..

At 08:26 AM 10/5/98 -0700, David Greenman wrote:
>>It comes out (once again, emprecially) that this is somehow caused
>>by NMBCLUSTERS being >12288. Strange, since I recall wcarchive has it set to
>>1024*48 or something, right?
>
>   Wcarchive does NOT run a standard kernel. It has various tweaks, such as
>greatly expanded kernel virtual address space, which are specific to that
>machine and not appropriate for 99.999% of FreeBSD users. NMBCLUSTERS on
>wcarchive is currently set to 80000, but will need to be doubled again to
>160000 before we can support 10000 concurrent users. The VM is evenly split
>for 2GB for user processes and 2GB for the kernel (contrast that with
>standard FreeBSD which is 3.75GB user and .25GB kernel).

Does this mean the readme is out of date:

ftp.freebsd.org || ftp.cdrom.com

Welcome to wcarchive - home FTP site for Walnut Creek CDROM.
There are currently 3196 users out of 3200 possible.

This machine is a P6/200 with 1GB of memory & 1/2 terabyte of RAID 5.
The operating system is FreeBSD. Should you wish to get your own copy of
---

Hmmm...

Jeff Mountin - Unix Systems TCP/IP networking
jeff@mountin.net