Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 07:43:36 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies writing manuals

Arrghhhh ! It seems that I'll have to get used to reply to all, though I
think that this double-posting (you're gonna receive my emai twice !) in
unecessary and could be avoyded by a simple change in the rules of a list
which is newborn. (I have to confess that I still use Eudora and Windows,
but I have no choice).

But this is not the subject.

Let's go then.

At 08:27 AM 3/23/98 +1100, Sue Blake wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 22, 1998 at 12:55:20PM -0800, Joey Garcia wrote:
>> Okay, from what I understand is that there are a bunch of newbies wanting
>> to write manuals.  Right?  I just want to make sure if it's newbies
>> wanting to write manuals, or newbies wanting advanced users to write
>> manuals *for* newbies.  Would be ridiculous for a newbie (assuming that
>> the newbie doesn't know anything) to actually sit down and write a manual
>> or something.

I guess the point here is newbies writting their experiences and THEN
having an advanced user to check it out. w/o that we won't have something
of quality. FreeBSD today is quality, and I surely would like to see our
work at one of the distribution CDs, or maybe (reminds me of a song:
"Dreamer/Nothing but a dreamer...") sort of an on line installation help
for non tech ppl, or at least, for non-Unix ppl.