Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:19:39 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        "Dr. Dieter Hartmann" <dhartma@anat.uni-kiel.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AW: Install problems FBSD 2.2.5 / Walnut Creek CD-ROM

Hello, doctor.

Actually, your question is far beyond what I know about freebsd, so I took
the liberty of FWDing your email to -questions, and I am also addressing
onother question:

if you try to install FreeBSD using the CD-ROM, is there any error message
? I couldn't quite understand what you meant by "cd conneceted by a PC
card" . Maybe it is a pcmcia card ? And maybe it is not supported, is it ?

At 09:50 PM 3/27/98 +-100, you wrote:
>First of all, many thanks for your suggestions.
>My problem is that I am trying to install fbsd on a laptop, the lousy
(external) cdrom of which is connected by a pc card, for which there are
drivers only for dos and windows 3.x and '95. So, I have created 2
partitions on the disk, the first one harbouring win 95, and have used the
setup utility on the walnut creek cdrom to copy the files for installation
to that partition. During this copy procedure , I have received the error
message that x32bin.tgz could not be found. The further installation
(creating boot disk and so on) went smoothly (comparable to my good
experience with 2 years of linux ;-) ), but in the end, I had a nice fbsd
working without x11
>My question: Is something wrong with the cdrom (missing file or link) and
/ or is there a workaround except buying 2.2.6 or another cdrom drive ?