Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 1998 12:31:43 -0700
From:      Eric Hake <eric@centercomp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Corrupted files...?

Howdy again!

I had a sudden loss of power while running X with user PPP enabled (major
ugh), and after bringing it up, and doing the obligatory fsck's, etc.. the
following is happening:

   1) Upon startup of the system, it hangs while trying to load sendmail
   2) User PPP no longer works -- it says "starting in Automatic Mode",
      and then it just hangs there... never attaches to tun0, or anything
      else.  Won't even start up in manual mode...

I have the walnut creek distribution of 2.2.6, and so I tried to copy the
binaries off the live filesystem, and it still isn't working -- any sage
advise for me in this?  I would sure hate to have to start over from
scratch every time my ppp dies <g>

Thanks!
 Eric