Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:45:16 +0100
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmk.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Last release of FreeBSD 2.x.x ???

At 23.39 10/03/99 +1100, you wrote:
>Is FreeBSD 2.2.8 the last release of FreeBSD version 2 ?

  Yes.

>Should I get a copy of 2.2.8 before it dissapears, or should I just get
>FreeBSD 3.1 ?

  It depends. If you want the most solid version and you aren't interested
in 3.x enhancements, then you should get 2.2.8. If you want the most modern
version and/or you need 3.x ehancements, then you should get 3.1. Anyway,
link the STABLE tree.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it