Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:52:17 -0600
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: notebooks

	I've setup several small servers on laptops and they work great,
especially if you have a lot of power outtage probelms, or limited room,
plus you have better bragging rights...... :)

At 02:40 PM 11/19/99 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
>I run 3.3 STABLE on a Toshiba Satellite 4010CDT.  I hear Toshiba is
>alterna-OS friendly, and i would have to agree.  Hardware config was easy,
>with just a little extra work needed for the PCMCIA card.  Display is
>beautiful on Xwindows.
>
>Why would you run a server on a laptop though?  Wouldn't a desktop box be
>more reliable under heavy loads?
>

>On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, FreeBSD mailing list wrote:
>

>>I am buying a notebook on which I Want to install FreeBSD as permanent
>>server at my job site.
>>I wanted to ask if someone can suggest me some particular model on which
>>FreeBSD runs without any troubles.
>>In particular if someone can suggest me a good PCMCIA fast ethernet card.
>>Then I Wanted to ask if I might have some problem using X11 on the
>>notebook given the particular type of display.
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>Rick

>>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
>>

>-jm
>
>---------
>He who laughs last... obviously didn't get the joke.

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net			Nucleus Consulting
ICQ # 14226912			www.nucleusconsulting.com
Cell # 773-251-1967			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!