Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 08:39:44 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Richard Stallman came to town

At 15:53 11-05-1999 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>You don't have to agree with the man's beliefs, and having known RMS
>for going on 15 years now I can say that there's a lot of points we
>don't agree on, but you can't help but respect his intelligence.

As my professor of forensic psychology used to say: There is no one more
dangerous than a highly intelligent psychopath. I'm not suggesting RMS is a
psychopath (I never met him), but he is espousing dangerous ideas. The fact
that he is highly intelligent makes them even more dangerous. Heck, Karl
Marx was intelligent. As someone who spent the first 29 years of his life
in a Communist country, I can tell you how dangerous his ideas were, too.

And I see way too many parallels between the ideas of the two men.

Adam

P.S. Have you noticed that the first four letters of Stallman and Stalin
are the same?
---
Want to design your own web counter?
Get GCL 2.10 from http://www.whizkidtech.net/gcl/