Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 2014 13:32:20 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@chrisbowman.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, Tony Maher <tonymaher@optusnet.com.au>
Subject:   Re: 10.1 hangs during boot on Intel DP35DP board

On Saturday, December 06, 2014 01:37:09 PM Christopher R. Bowman wrote:=

> John,
> Its still sitting but I turned on verbose output and it's been sittin=
g for
> 10 minutes so far without any further output. Christopher.

Grrr, then it might be stuck elsewhere than the interrupt config hooks.=
 =20
Unfortunately we'd really need to find a way to get into DDB.  I think =
GENERIC=20
doesn't include BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER by default, so Ctrl-Alt-Esc doesn't w=
ork out=20
of the box.  Can you break into the loader prompt and type 'set=20
debug.kdb.break_to_debugger=3D1' before booting?  Ctrl-Alt-Esc should t=
hen work=20
when it hangs.  Once that happens, please get the output of 'ps' from D=
DB.

> --
> Christopher R. Bowman
>=20
> > On Dec 5, 2014, at 7:20 AM, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >=20
> > On Thursday, December 04, 2014 07:42:48 PM Christopher R. Bowman wr=
ote:

> >>=20
> >> John,
> >>=20
> >>    Thank you for responding.  I tried that but the machine seemed =
wedged
> >>    at
> >>=20
> >> that point.  I can=E2=80=99t drop into DDB using Ctrl-Alt-Esc nor =
can I do
> >> Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot.  All I can do it push the reset button.
> >> Christopher
> >=20
> > If you let it sit for 60 seconds it should print out a message tell=
ing you
> > what it is waiting on.

--=20
John Baldwin