Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 21:18:58 -0800
From:      "David M. Bostedo" <dbostedo@vt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP!!!!!!

I recently tried to run xwindows using startx and got the following errors.

"TRANS(SocketUNIXConnect) () can't commect : errno = 2 (repeated five times)
TRANS(SocketCreateListener) : failed to bind listener
TRANS(SocketINETCreateListener) : TRANS(SocketCreateListener) () failed
TRANS(MakeAllCOTSServerListeners) failed to create a listener for tcp

Fatal Server error :
Failed to establish all listening sockets
giving up.
xinit : Interrupted system calls (errno 4) : unable to connect to xserver
xinit : No such process (errno 3) : Server error."

As far as I know I changed nothing from when it ran XWin before (and worked
fine). I did copy some scripts (.Xdefaults and .fvwmrc and .xinitrc) as
described in a FAQ about making our windows look like the labs here at
school. I removed those files and it still had no effect. I have
reconfigured x(xf86config), reinstalled fvwm and basically lost hope.

Any solutions??????

           Thanks,

   David M. Bostedo

   dbostedo@vt.edu