Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 08:20:57 -0300
From:      "Alex Carlos Braga Ant\co" <e9203125@linf.unb.br>
To:        Ozge Uncu <ozge@rorqual.cc.metu.edu.tr>
Cc:        Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quota

Ozge Uncu wrote:

>         Hi everybody,
>
>         I have a problem. I can not assign quotas to users or groups. In man
> pages in order to have limits in disk spaces, it is written that "the kernel
> must be compiled in quota mode".But I do not know how to that. Also in man
> pages it written that in order to set quotas in the roots of every
> filesystem we must have "quota.user" and/or "quota.group"...Are they created
> automatically when kernel is compiled in quota mode.
>
>         If you can send me some examples about setting quotas to user and
> groups to limit their disk spaces and entrance to some filesystems I would
> be grateful.
>
>         Thanks in advance!!!
>   OZGE UNCU
>   Industrial Engineering Department
>   Middle East Technical University
>   06531 Ankara/TURKEY
>   e_mail:ozge@rorqual.cc.metu.edu.tr

HI,

 I'd recomend you to read the section about the kernel on the HandBook
of FreeBSD on
  Http://www.freebsd.rog

 It's explained there how to compile your kernel (i used it and didn't
have problems ! :)). Also if there's no reference on it, on the KERNEL
file, the line

  options QUOTA

  will make your kernel kork with quota. Also, you must habilitate it on
/etc/sysconfig. I didn't manage how to configure the system to put the
quotas on, but I'm working on it.

Alex Carlos