Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:42:41 +0200
From:      Daan Franke <daan@websilon.nl>
To:        "FreeBSD questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD and RAID's

Hi,

I work for a company which runs all of it's servers on NT, but they are
willing to give the open source unices a chance, but this will take time as
they seem to be uncertain of this choice. But our mail server crashed
recently because the MBR was corrupt, one of our solutions was to put in a
RAID on the new mail server and get an OS that boots from that RAID and
therefore have multiple MBR's and probably be safer, my question is: does
FreeBSD have this ability to boot from a RAID, and if not is there an OS
that does. I know it is impossible on NT.

Safe me from windows hell, =P

Thanks for your time,

Daan Franke
System Engineer