Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:04:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jerry Bell" <jbell@stelesys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serious issue with SATA disks again

> I don't think Western Digital has one (?).  If it does, where can I find
> it?
Here is WDC's data lifeguard utility for DOS:
http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?cxml=n&pid=2&swid=30

Also, you might want to try flashing the firmware for the
controller/motherboard with the lastest versions.  I've had several
occaisons recently where I couldn't get hardware to work with BSD until I
got up to the lastest firmware (an old dell perc 2 most recently).  I
didn't see the original email, so I may be off-base on the controller
being the problem, though.

Jerry
http://www.syslog.org