Date:      Fri, 07 Feb 1997 11:45:04 +1030
From:      Martin Bull <martin@ching.apana.org.au>
To:        branson.matheson@ferginc.com
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, jkh@tme.cdrom.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My resignation as president of the FreeBSD Project.

Branson Matheson wrote:

>  However, I think that all groups need a head.  Mabey not with the
>  control/responsibilities that the title "president" implies .. but
>  somone has to make decisions.  I think that the core should consider
>  creating _some_ position for "the buck stops here" type of questions.

I cant agree with this, I think Im basically a communist at heart
and although it takes longer to make decsions, the democratic one's
"feel" better because the group has ownership, not like being dictated
to by a president, even if he is a benign dictator like Jordon :-)

>  To " the member wannabe " I say thanks for the time you have given us
>  and I hope to see you remain involved with the core team for some
>  time to come... on the other hand your cats, and probably some woman
>  you have not met yet, wouldn't mind seeing you have a life again. But
>  wherever your consience takes you. Know that your accomplishments,
>  along with the rest of the core team, have effected many lives and
>  given us somthing with which lots of us have built careers out of and
>  is a part of our lives. So thank you.

I couldnt have put this better, so thanks Jordon, I have been lurking
for 6 months now and FreeBSD's the system for me...with its 'minor'
bugs and all :-)

Martin