Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:46:03 -0800
From:      Jeff Newton <jeff@datapark.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't get Perl on 2.1.7

I recently upgraded to 2.1.7 and I can't seem to compile and install
Perl5.003.  I've tried the ports and compiling/installing manually.  I
keep getting the same error when make is run:

`sh  cflags libperl.a miniperlmain.o`  miniperlmain.c
          CCCMD =  cc -c -I/usr/local/include -O
In file included from perl.h:611,
                 from miniperlmain.c:10:
sv.h:250: parse error before `DIR'
sv.h:250: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
sv.h:264: parse error before `}'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I'm no C guru but sv.h looks fine.  I've compiled and installed on 2.1.6
so I don't know what it happening here.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

--
Jeff Newton
Network Administrator