Date:      Sat, 03 May 1997 02:11:43 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <garycorc@idt.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI TV

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Try to find out the chipset .

I just bought one of these (destined for my Win95 machine).
There is no "chipset".  It is an ISA plug-in card, which, however,
only connects to power and ground.  It connects via a private cable
to an ATI card with an "AMC" (ATI Media Connector).
The tuner is a Philips can that looks just like the Temic/Philips
tuners on the cards you've been developing for.  But since the
interface to them must be ATI proprietary, a FreeBSD driver for
the ATI TV tuner would take a lot of 'investigating'...

> Also, try to consider the Bt848 based cards such as WinCast TV which we
> do support rather nicely.

If I was buying a board to use with FreeBSD, I'd go with one of those
(Bt848-based cards) [I already have a TV next to my FreeBSD machine :-)]

Gary