Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:44:10 -0700
From:      Dimitris Hatzopoulos <dimitris@hyper.gr>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        dimitris@hypernet.hyper.gr
Subject:   Ports under "http://www.freebsd.org/ports/www.html"

Dear FreeBSD Ports group,

I'm trying to setup a FBSD system based on the stable
edition 2.2-970909-RELENG. Apart from the regular ports
done by myself, I'd also like to try some of the
pre-compiled binaries, e.g. the one for Apache-SSL 1.2.1,
rather than hunting matching patches for "apache", "SSLeay"
and "apache-ssl" on several sites.

Please let me know if the files available from

http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/

are able to run under FreeBSD 2.2.x (or is it only
for FreeBSD version 3.0?) You might want to clarify
it in those pages.

Where should one look for ready-to-run FreeBSD packges,
"current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD" or "ftp.freebsd.org"?
At "current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releng22/packages",
the the latest code for 2.2 is located, the site seems
to be missing some files.

Thank you,

Dimitris.