Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 23:08:33 +0000
From:      Hai Le <hai@flash.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware problems

1)  I have a Atapi CD-ROM drive (Goldstar 16x).  I read the section
where the author requires that all Atapi CD-ROM's must be "slave"
drives.

I have two hardrives on my computer so this is how it currently
looks:
      Primary Master:  disk 1
      Primary Slave :  disk 2
      Secondary Master:  CD-ROM
      Secondary Slave:  nothing

After reading that section in the book, I attempted to do the following:

       Primary Master:  disk 1
       Primary Slave :  CD-ROM
       Secondary Master:  disk 2
       Secondary Slave:  nothing
I ran into problems.  The system took about 10 minutes to boot up Win
 '95.  Do you have any suggestions?

 I am really exicted about getting FreeBSD on my system here, but this
 problem is really causing me to lose my hair.....

 -- Hai