Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:23:03 +0000
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   vpo0 and 3.0-current

Reading the LINT kernel, I have found the vpo0 device, for the Iomega
Zip (par).

I have tried to put the following lines in my laptop kernel file to use
the parallel zip I own (I own 2 scsi too , but the laptop has no scsi
port :-).

controller      ppbus0
controller      scbus0			# Required ???
controller      ppc0    at isa? port ? irq 7 vector ppcintr
controller      vpo0    at ppbus? 	# Zip Parallelo
device          nlpt0   at ppbus? 	# Stampante

I disable lpt0 and the nlpt0 seems to be recognized, but the zip
doens't. It is not probed at all ...

Perhaps I miss to add something ?

I am running 3.0-current cvsupped daily

Thanks for your attention....