Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:02:55 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        peter@freebsd.org
Subject:   BIND 8.1.1

Is anyone working to actually pull the new BIND into the default
freeBSD tree? I'm working with it here and am wondering
if it wouldn't be the best thing to 'import' it into the FreeBSD
tree, rather than doing it all 'privatly'.
Has there been a discussion about bind 8?

My presumption is that everyone agrees that we'll move to it
'eventually'. does anyone have ideas as to when 'eventually' is?

Has anyone looked ato how much work it is to actually
merge in the new libc stuff?

julian