Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 08:14:26 -0500
From:      Denny Reiter <mcneills@inw.net>
To:        Scott <scott@SchematiX.net>
Cc:        Yoav Cohen-Sivan <ycs@netvision.net.il>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 and user PPP lockups

Scott wrote:

> Check the timeout portion of the ppp.conf file. Its possible that you are
> hitting the time limit and its booting you off. Just make sure timeout is
> set to 0.
>
> On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Yoav Cohen-Sivan wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just made the great leap from Linux two days ago, and I am
> > experiencing a wierd problem: I am running 2.2.7 and I set up user PPP
> > as per the Handbook. All seems to be running fine, except that after
> > around 15-20 minutes of being connected my entire PPP session locks up.

Hmm,

I've been seeing this also, but was chalking it up to either the modem
being flaky (I just installed it, a USR Sportster 33.6 Int) or my ISP
since they are about to do an upgrade.

I haven't been able to find a rhyme or reason for it.  If I disconnect
PPP and redial, that fixes it, and usually it stays fixed.  I've got my
timeout set to 0 from 8am-4pm, and 15 minutes the rest of the day.

Regards,

Denny Reiter
denny@kewanee.net