Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:07:17 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: is NATD / IPFW broke?

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> >       While you're at it, IPFW on my fully up to date -Stable system is not
> > logging all the packets it should be. I haven't found a pattern to the
> > ones it doesn't log. This is with a configuration that's always worked
> > in the past.
>
> what do you expect me to do with this kind of bug report ?
> it is too vague to let me do anything...

	Yeah, royal pain in the ass isn't it?  If I had more detail I'd include
it. After two hours of trying various things I don't HAVE any more
detail. I started to take a look at some of the changes you made, but
there are too many changes in too many files for me to even make an
intelligent guess at what it could be.

> i need at least one case to
> reproduce the problem.

ipfw add 1 allow log ip from any to any

> (there _is_ in fact one subtle diffetence, that i am fixing, in the
> ipfw behaviour: if you SKIPTO a non existant rule, the default
> behaviour was to go to the next one whereas with my mods i jump to the
> default rule. I used an == instead of >= in one test...)

	I don't use skipto.

Doug