Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 17:15:02 -0700
From:      "Dhiraj Soni" <dsoni@uswest.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Localhost Confiuration Problem

Hi,

I am having this typical problem. My local host shows the fully
qualified domain name:
localhost.mn.uswest.net which is my ISP's domain!!

So any call to localhost fails as it goes to ISP's machine.

Heres some details:
We are not allocated the domain name till now.We just have static IP's.
The machine is directly connected to internet by ed0 interface.
The ifconfig for lo0 in rc.conf is correct..
  I also ran command ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1 and it autmatically shows
ISPs domain
attached to it in netstat -r command.

Why is it doing that???How to set it up to point it to my local
machine...
Due to this problem none of the Databases is getting installed ,as it
says
it cant connect to localhost..

I would appreciate a quick response ..PLEASE reply at dsoni@uswest.com
as
I am not the mailing list member currently..

Thanks,
Dhiraj Soni.
dsoni@uswest.com