Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 22:09:26 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        sid <sid_48471@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help!!

sid wrote:

> when i set up the ppp my isp is avci.net at 207.51.209.214
> please enlighten me if you can do i need to name my computer with a
> domain name?
>
> can i capture a screen and then print it if yes, how!
>
> my i'm just full of questions!
>
> my goal is to replace win95 with freebsd is freebsd the same as linux?
>
> i have bsd running and also x win now how do i get it to recognize my
> megahertz xj3288 pcmcia
> modem and how do i set up ppp i have some doc's but it's a bit confusing
>
> ( i tried to edit the /etc/pccard.conf) but so far it doesn't seem to
> recognize
>
> Oh in boot up it does say ze is pcmcia slot0 ,,, then it says something
> later about not beening configured
>
> what is the best all around grafics viewer for x win sys that'll view
> gifs, jpegs,etc?
> what is the best all around music software that'll play cd's wav and
> midi?
1) You should not use a subject like "help" since everyone will use that
subject and that your mail will probably be deleted be peoples with an
answer.
2) You should ask not more than one question in your mail :-)
3) Try The GIMP in the port collection or "xv".
Thank You
--
[Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][http://www.lowrent.org/freebsd/malartre/]