Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 15:38:44 -0800
From:      yliao@pacbell.net
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about installing FreeBSD 2.2.6

Hi, Greg,

When my computer hangs up during installation, following message is displayed
after pressing Alt-F2:

"DEBUG: ioctl (3, TIOCCONS, NULL) = 0 (Success)
DEBUG: Found a network device named lp0
atapi1.0: invalid command phase, ireason=0xd8,
status=d8<busy,ready,opdone,drq>,
              error=d8<mchg>"

Even if I removed the modem and sound board from my computer, the computer
still hangs at the same point and the same message is displayed.

Could you give me more instructions? Thanks.

Carl