Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 1999 17:37:34 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Shawn Leas <sleas@ixion.honeywell.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device FS?

Shawn Leas wrote:

> I still wanna know about LFSes or Journaling FSes if
> anyonbe knows NEthing...

You are likely to get the same benefits you'd normally get if you
use softupdates instead. LFS/JFS will hardly give you any sizable
advantage unless:

1) It exports a transaction interface *AND*
2) The application uses that interface.

Anyone wanting to correct me on this, please feel free to do so. I
haven't read this particular thread for a while now, and my archives
are stored someone among my backup cds. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"FreeBSD is Yoda, Linux is Luke Skywalker."