Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 21:47:46 -0600
From:      bob olbrich <rjob@gulftel.com>
To:        charon@freethought.org, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Installation for 3.1-RELEASE (re-post)

charon@freethought.org wrote:

> At 05:04 PM 3/25/99 -0600, bob olbrich wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I've downloaded a minimal installation and I'd like to know
> >what to do next (I'm new to UNIX, and the book I have does not
> >discuss this thoroughly).
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html is helpful.  You basically
> need to make the boot floppies (it sounds like you haven't done this yet).
> You can download the floppy images mfsroot.flp and kern.flp at
> ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/3.1-RELEASE/floppies/.  The installation
> section of the Handbook (see above) explains what to do with these, and
> what to do next.
>
> -charon

Yes, I made the installation floppies, connected by FTP, and chose the quick
and
minimal installation. I saw the /bin distribution downloaded. Everything
worked fine.
Using F2 at boot did nothing. That's why I thought the installation was not
complete
I thought some mount operation might be necessary.

Bob Olbrich  rjob@gulftel.com