Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 11:17:38 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Karim.Ouaissa@int-evry.fr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help for a firewall  configuration

Hello,

all depends on the data rate of your external connection.

I've got a simple firewall using about 10% of a P5-200 for a 2 Mbps data
rate.

If you want the best security, you should not use the 3.0-Release, but
rather 3.1-R or even better 3.2-R which should out around the middle of
June.

	TfH

Karim OUAISSA wrote:

>                  Name: config.txt
>    config.txt    Type: Plain Text (TEXT/PLAIN)
>              Encoding: BASE64
We would like to build a firewall server (TIS).
So, we want to know if the confiuration below
will be supported by de BSD Release 3.0

- Pentium II 350 Mhz
- SDRAM 128 Mo PC100
- intel motherboard t440bx
  The full carateristics are:
   - SCSI card Symbios Logic 53c875JBE Ultra Wide connector (40Mb/sec)
   - Graphics card Cirrus Logic GD 5480
   - Network Adapter Intel 82558 EtherExpress Pro+ 10/100Mps

- Network Adapter Intel EtherExpress Pro/100+ Server
- Hard Disk Seagate Ultra Wide 4.5Go 7200T
Thanks to respond

KARIM
Agedis