Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 21:07:19 -0000
From:      Daniel Leal <dleal@webvolution.net>
To:        David Sousa Mendes <david@angra.uac.pt>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

Hi David.

The command is "startx". But first you've got to create a file called
.xinitr in your home directory (/home/yourusername). in that file you must
have a line related to what windowmaneger you wich to start (kde,
windowmaker, afterstep, etc, etc...)

Exemples:
If you want to starx windowmaker put the following line in your .xinitrc:

exec wmaker

For kde:

exec startkde

For afterstep:

exec afterstep

and so on for other window managers...

Of course that you have to install your window manager first (become root
and connect yourself to the internet):

#cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/yourwindowmanager
#make install

Suposing that you have install the "X-window system" when you installed
FreeBSD and after that you run xf86config to configure it.

(If you are a trully newbie and you talk portuguese visit my page:
http://dleal.webvolution.net, may be it can help you in other things)

PS: Don't you forget to write the subject of your email when sending to
freebsd-questions, it is very important.

--On Saturday, March 10, 2001 13:58:12 -0100 David Sousa Mendes