Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 17:13:14 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Majordomo problems

Dan Langille wrote:

> On 31 May 99, at 4:27, Roelof Osinga wrote:
>
> > May 31 04:04:26 n669 sendmail[66642]: EAA66641: SYSERR(root): hash map
> > "Alias1":
> >  missing map file /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo.db: No such file
> >  or
> > dir
> > ectory
> >
> > a newaliases begets this:
> >
> > nl:/etc# newaliases
> > /etc/aliases: 41 aliases, longest 56 bytes, 784 bytes total
> > hash map "Alias1": unsafe map file
> > /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo.db: Pe rmission denied WARNING:
> > cannot open alias database /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo Cannot
> > create database for alias file /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo
> >
> > But, believe you me, the /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo *is*
> > present.
>
> It's saying it can't create the .db file.   are you running this as root?

Yep. But just to demonstrate, mind. The system itself generates it on
just about every email.

This is a clean install and it complains about unsafe mape files. Not
to mention permission denied. Does not sound good.

Roelof

Het Slakke Huis op http://nl.eboa.com/Slak/
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.

Telekabel home http://iboa.nl.eu.org/