Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 01:31:17 +0530
From:      Syed Khader Vali <sidcarter@softhome.net>
Subject:   PPP on FreeBSD ( No data transfer )

Hello there,
I had this problems with ppp on FreeBSD. Earlier i was able to connect
to the net using the default kernel using kppp. I have a soundcard (
ESS1868). So to enable it i recompiled a kernel for sound support with
the GENERIC kernel as the base and added some components from the LINT
file. The compile and make goes on smoothly and even my sound card gets
detected. But the problem now is that i am able to connect to the net
but there is no data transfer.Earlier I used to get connected and the
speed used to be amazing. Now no data transfer at all.
On more thing I have enabled ipfirewall,ppp,tun and also the bpf filter
in the new kernel.
I am using the FreeBSD-3.0-Release.
Can anybody enlighten me regarding the trouble.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Khader