Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:53:04 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle install problem

ryndin@mtk.comcor.ru wrote:

[snip]
> TERM=${TERM:-cons25}
> export TERM
> LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R
> export LANG
> MM_CHARSET=KOI8-R
> export MM_CHARSET

> ./orainst). And it said that "User Interface Failure: Cannot open Resource
> File".
> What I need to do? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure any of the 3 vars above don't mess things up. I think you should
start with TERM and set it to a value which the installer knows, because I
don't think cons25 is supported. The best thing to do is to not set TERM in
your .profile file. ls -l orainst/*.res should give you a list of resource
files for the installer.

In anyway, you may want to read the Oracle Installion Guide for i18n issues
in general.

hth,

BTW: This is more a -database related problem than it is a -emulation
related problem.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/