Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 20:33:14 -0600
From:      Alan Edmonds <alan.edmonds@sterling.com>
To:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
Cc:        "Nawfal M. Rouyan" <wind_prowler@hotmail.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: localhost doesn't work?

I actually replaced the 'auto' with 'lo0' and that
solved my problem.  Perhaps this is the problem
people are having with the install not enabling
lo0.  I'm not sure why the install set it
to 'de0 auto'.  BTW, ifconfig -l yields

de0 lp0 tun0 sl0 ppp0 lo0

Thanks for the clarification.

Alan

Harlan Stenn wrote:

> rc.network says that if ${network_interfaces} is "auto" it will grab the
> list of available interfaces from `ifconfig -l`.
>
> I don't think using "de0 auto" will do what you expect.
>
> Run "ifconfig -l" and see what it says.
>
> YTSL.

Alan Edmonds, KB5ZUY               Sterling Software
                                   M/S 132
Phone: +1-972-801-6485             5800 Tennyson Pkwy.
Email: alan.edmonds@sterling.com   Plano, TX, USA  75024