Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 18:09:43 -0800
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows 98

Ronny wrote:

> I am running windows 98. I am preparing to install a multi-port isa card
> to run my mouse and printer. Will Freebsd benefit me and if so how?

I think that is a question you will have to answer for yourself.

> Please provide any suggestions as well.

FreeBSD, like win98, is an operating system.  If you want to run FreeBSD
it will be instead of win98.  You can't run them both at the same time.
However, you  can have both installed on your hard drive and when you
start your machine, you can choose which one you would like to boot.

Try it out and see.  That is my suggestion.  You may then find yourself
being drawn in until you no longer choose to boot windows except on rare
occasions 8).

--
Best Regards, Joseph

	You will do foolish things,