Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:05:43 -600 GMT
From:      alex@montenegro.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with NT VPN via FreeBSD gateway

I hate to ask this question, but in order to telecommute I need to establish
VPN connection between my NT (partition) at home and my company's NT server.

I have:
1) FreeBSD gateway at home with IPFW (open policy) and NATD aliasing, with the
cable modem connection.
2) Workstation with NT partition and NT native VPN software

My work has:
1) NT Server with NT native VPN software

Problem:
My VPN connection fails to establish when I am going through my gateway/cable
modem. I get the Login/Password screen coming from the work machine, but my
home computer just keeps hanging there. If I try the same thing through the
dialup (bypassing my FreeBSD gateway) everything works perfect, and I connect
to my company's VPN.

Question:
Is there a way to set up MS. VPN via FreeBSD gateway?

I was researching the mailing list resources, and went down the path of having
ssh redirect packets, but I was not able to get that working. Any resources,
ideas or pointers will be appreciated.

Alex