Date:      Sun, 09 Apr 2000 15:53:26 -0700
From:      Ryan Kennedy <kennedy@moscow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RAID and UPS

Hi,

1.  I couldn't find much information on RAID support with freeBSD.  I am
going to have 2 - 9.1GB Quantum Atlas SCSI 3 hard drives running RAID
0.  I origionally planned on using the Adaptec AAA-131 SCSI RAID
controller, but I am not sure if it is supported by FreeBSD.  Is it?  Is
there another type of RAID card you suggest?  There is a possibility in
the future that I will also move to RAID 5 or 0/1.

2.  I also was wondering if there is currently any UPS(unlimited power
supply) managing software for FreeBSD.  I am looking at buying the APC
500 BackUPS.  Do you know of any administration software for this or any
of the other UPS's out there (i.e. Tripplite).

Those are my questions.  I am looking forward to your response with much
appreciation.

Thank you.

Ryan Kennedy