Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:04:04 +0200
From:      Fredrik Carlen <fredrik.carlen@futurniture.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   system freezes;swap space never used

Hello! I've recently started using my FreeBSD4.0 (the March release) a
lot more at work, there's one trouble, though: During my X sessions, the
system freezes *completely* after a while, never at any predictable
point in time. When I check how much swap is available (after a
compulsory reboot, the system doesn't answer), there's always 300 Megs
of it, even though I try to start up a *lot* of apps to make it page. It
never does. When I start X, it reports "/dev/dsp: No such file or
directory". I don't know what that is. Course of action, anyone?

/Fredrik Carlen, Stockholm