Date:      Wed, 14 May 2014 08:54:58 -0400
From:      Michael Jung <mikej@mikej.com>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        owner-freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org, freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Package building schedule and postfix-tls

On , Bruce Cran wrote:
> I've just installed a new server with 10.0 and am setting it up (which
> is _so_ much easier with pkgng!) - but I realised the default version
> of postfix doesn't have TLS support, and I need postfix-tls instead
> (which is in ports, but not available as a package yet). I think I
> read that packages get built weekly, but is there anywhere I can go to
> check when the next set will be built, or are they always built on a
> certain day?  If possible I'd like to know when I'll be able to
> install the new package.

Bruce,

Not all ports get built. I think your two options are:

Build your own repository with poudriere, or simply lock the package and
build postfix-tls from ports manually.

root@firewall:~ # pkg lock mail\postfix-tls

will prevent pkg from overwriting your locally built package.

Note, you can have multiple repositories with pkg - I have a local one
for custom packages and use the main freebsd pkg site for other
packages.

--mikej