Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 12:26:11 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        imp@village.org
Subject:   Re: Gotcha in 3.x->4.x upgrade.

John Polstra wrote:

> In article <200011062031.NAA12137@harmony.village.org>,
> Warner Losh  <imp@village.org> wrote:
> > In message <200011061558.eA6FwOU13161@realtime.exit.com> Frank Mayhar writes:
> > : Well, the main reason I'm reporting this is so it can get into UPDATING,
> > : since I have another system from which I can pull the built bits.  Warner,
> > : you listening?
> >
> > Listening: yes.  Able to help: no.  I don't have a workaround for this
> > right now.  I don't know what is causing the problem.  I've not had
> > time to try this on my 3.4 build box.
>
> Max Khon already posted a work-around: add "NOPERL=yes" to
> /etc/make.conf.  That worked for me.

I was looking at my log of a recent buildworld output. It looks like miniperl,
when it is being created at the very end of stage 2, is trying to use functions
from libc before the library has been created. The setresuid and setresgid are
procedures in that library.

Kent

> John
> --
>   John Polstra                                               jdp@polstra.com
>   John D. Polstra & Co., Inc.                        Seattle, Washington USA
>   "Disappointment is a good sign of basic intelligence."  -- Chögyam Trungpa

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com